Monday, October 5, 2009

Of bikes, sweaters, and crazy Brits.

This post comes to you in three parts.

Part One: BIKING SUCKS
I don't know why I have such a hard time. I'm not in terrible shape; I can run a good distance before my lungs or my muscles run out. But MAN! Ask me to pedal up a hill and I feel like I'm having a heart attack. I've biked to campus twice now, and once to the grocery store since last week. I'd rather walk. But I know I need to get over this.

Part Two: THE FIND!
I got a really fabulous black cashmere sweater for 5 dollars on Thursday when I accompanied a friend to a "Suit Yourself" event (people donate their business attire and then students can buy it on the cheap to prepare for interviews). It's amazing, and not only is it vintage, it's made in the USA. This act of environmental responsibility, however, was cancelled out by the grey leather knee-high boot purchase on Saturday. It was a moment of weakness. I had to have them. I justified it, saying I'd have them for years (true) and that leather wasn't such a big deal anyway (false.)

Part Three: THE FABULOUS VIVIENNE WESTWOOD
In Vivienne Westwood's October 4th show for her Red Label, the clothes weren't exactly green, but they were environmentally... inspired? See below. God, she's bizarre. I love it! The little bibs on the models read "Cool 2010 Run: Keep Gaia Cool" and "Gaia +5 degrees."

No comments: