Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wormy Worms

My free worms arrived about a week ago. There are A LOT more of them than I thought there'd be. Hot damn. I put them into their little worm home and then went to a friend's house to watch the office. When I came back I took the lid off and checked things out. Some were trying to escape (they do that for the first few days) but most were down in their dirty food home.

Here are some pics of the worm apartment construction:

Step 1) Hole Drilling


Step 2) Laying cardboard bedding
Step 3) Cover that with food matter (no dairy or animal products and very little onions or citrus!)
Step 4) Another Carboard Layer
Step 5) Another food layer
Step 6) Spray the top until it's moist with a water bottle


Step 7) Add the wormies


If you want to know exactly how I did it, check out this guy's wormy blog. There's a video and everything:

No comments: