Monday, April 2, 2012

I'm torturing Alex

Why, you ask?

Is it because I'm forcing him to renovate a house with me for the next trillion years? I am, but that's fun for him, not torture (yet.) Is it because I keep saying stuff like, "you're really cute, but you're not as cute as the baby chicks?" Again, I'm doing a lot of that, but I don't think he's taking me seriously.

No, I'm torturing him because I insist on keeping the house insanely cold. All winter the thermostat at the old apartment was on 60. MAYBE 62 if it was snowpocalypse outside and we'd be home all day. At the new house, however, I'm insisting on keeping it at 52. Last night the furnace switched on, meaning it was colder than 51 degrees inside the house. It's a compulsion! I can't help it! I'm already furious that keeping the pilot light on wastes so much natural gas; I can't actually USE the gas on top of that!

The house gets cross breezes and has ceiling fans in most rooms, meaning the poor man will also probably never feel the cool breeze of the central air this summer either.

No comments: